Tuesday, May 31, 2011

flossing...an Olympic event

So it never occurred to me how much more difficult is was going to be to floss after getting braces. It takes soooo unbelievably long. I did find a few flossing products that are supposed to help. The first one I tried was Plackers for Ortho...They don't fit the way they are supposed to..actually it seemed like they could cause some damage to my wires and when they did fit they were not very thorough. http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/plackers-orthopick-flosser-for-braces/ID=prod6039469-product



 I was hoping they would make flossing a little easier. Oh well. I have heard of a floss that has a stiff end so that you dont have to use the threaders. I think I will try those next.

Super Floss
Any suggestions are welcome. With 3 active kids around, I just don't have time to spent 20 mins just flossing my teeth in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. So I tried the Oral B super floss and it was so much better. The only thing that I didn't like about it was that it isn't waxed so it was really difficult to get into tight spaces. Overall it made flossing a lot quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I survived with the Oral B Super Floss, too. Yes, it took *ages* and I had some really tight spots that still shredded it, but it generally did the job. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pamela..Crest threader floss is even better and doesn't shred. I think it's new. Its way easier to floss with and fits between all of the tight spaces. Thanks for the comment. Your blog is wonderful and full of great advice!

    ReplyDelete