Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First adjustment

I called my ortho yesterday to tell them I had my extractions done and my wires were now loose. They had me come in for an early adjustment! Yay! I was so happy to get rid of the black and purple bands. They made my teeth look rotten. I changed them to pink and I love them. The adjustment was more painful then I thought it would be. It felt like my teeth were going to fall out. My extraction wounds are still really bruised and tender so Im sure that had a lot to do with the pain. They put a thicker wire in and I am really feeling the soreness this morning. I love the soreness feeling because it means there will be some movement happening. I asked how long it would be until my teeth started to be straight and I was surprised to hear that around four months into treatment my teeth with me mostly straight and just need some "fine tuning"! yay! That is so exciting!

I'm trying to learn how to smile. I have spent 20 years trying to hide my teeth. I have no idea how to smile and not look a little weird. I still catch myself covering my mouth. Its going to be a really hard habit to break.
Here are some pictures this morning after my first adjustment. I have had my braces for almost three weeks. Not the best pictures but they will do since the kids are still asleep and I get some time to myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment